The 2019 iHeartRadio ALTer Ego Brings Alternative Rock’s Biggest Superstars Together For Star-Studded Concert At The Forum In Los Angeles
Twenty One Pilots, The Killers, Muse, Weezer, Rise Against, Bishop Briggs and The Revivalists To Perform Live On One Stage
New York, NY – January 21, 2019 – The 2019 iHeartRadio ALTer Ego, which featured the biggest names in Alternative Rock concluded Saturday evening with unforgettable performances from Twenty One Pilots, The Killers, Muse, Weezer, Rise Against, Bishop Briggs and The Revivalists, at the historic, “Fabulous” Forum in Los Angeles, California. The event also included special guest appearances by Darren Criss, Audrina Patridge, Teddi Mellencamp, Sarah Hyland, Wells Adams, Annaliese Puccini, Kendall Long, Ariana Madix, and Brandon Larracuente.
The event broadcasted live across over 70 Alternative and Rock iHeartRadio stations and livestreamed on LiveXLive, a global digital media company focused on live entertainment.
Now in its second year, the music of iHeartRadio’s popular Alternative Rock stations and the iHeartRadio App came to life with an extraordinary lineup that included these special moments:
- Twenty One Pilots kicked off their set with a performance of their single, "Jumpsuit." In the pitch black arena, the band's Josh Dun walked out on stage carrying a torch while Tyler Joseph appeared in a black ski mask and his guitar as a car went up in flames behind him.
- Off the release of their new politically charged single, “Land of the Free,” The Killers and frontman Brandon Flowers revved up the crowd, performing "The Man," "Mr. Brightside," "Somebody Told Me," "Human," "Space Man," "All These Things I've Done," "Read My Mind," and "When You Were Young."
- Weezer hit the stage at iHeartRadio's ALTer EGO ahead of kicking off their spring 2019 tour to give fans a glimpse of what to expect, including performances of new tracks “Can’t Knock The Hustle” and “Zombie Bastards,” off their forthcoming album Invasion of Privacy, also known as The Black Album. Frontman Rivers Cuomo was joined by longtime bandmates Patrick Wilson, Brian Bell and Scott Shriner and delivered an epic medley of hits ranging from 1994’s “Undone (the Sweater Song)" to their current hit cover of Toto's "Africa."
- Rise Against rocked the stage with their soaring guitar riffs, but the band had a big surprise for fans as they brought out Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello to perform "How Long." As Tim McIlrath sang, Morello continued to shred through the track with his guitar – using his teeth to do so, a true Rockstar moment.
- The Revivalists truly embrace their fans – during their set lead singer David Shaw left the stage to serenade and shake hands with lucky guests. The band played a five-song set, which included tracks like "Oh No," "Change," their smash hit "All My Friends," the very dance-worthy, "You & I" and "Wish I Knew You."
- Bishop Briggs, the first-ever female to headline the show, opened her with a raw rendition of “The Way I Do,” followed by jams “Hallowed Ground,” “White Flag,” “Wild Horses,” "Baby" and breakout hit “River." Mid-performance, Briggs joyously celebrated saying, "I'm the woman on this lineup! And I'm going to try not to cry ... there was the Women's March today and I just want to thank iHeart and 98.7 for representing female musicians so thank you."
- Muse closed the 2019 iHeartRadio ALTer Ego. The band started off their set with their song "Pressure," followed by "Psycho," but one of the highlights of their performance was during fan favorite, "Uprising” – during the song Bellamy let everyone at The Forum sing in unison – a true uprising.
iHeartRadio ALTer Ego is part of iHeartMedia’s roster of nationally-recognized events including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the nationwide iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Concert Tour Presented by Capital One®, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina, the iHeartCountry Festival, the iHeartRadio Podcast Awards and iHeartRadio Wango Tango.
iHeartRadio ALTer EGO is an iHeartMedia Production. Proud partners of this year's event include Hulu, Simple Truth and Total Wireless. For more information, visit iHeartRadio.com/alterego.