The Virtual Event Featured Performances and Stories From Billie Eilish and Foo Fighters, Plus Previous Iconic ALTer EGO Performances From Beck, The Black Keys, blink-182, Cage The Elephant, Coldplay, The Killers, Mumford & Sons, Muse, twenty one pilots and Weezer
New York, NY – January 29, 2021 – The fourth annual iHeartRadio ALTer EGO Presented by Capital One celebrated Alternative music’s biggest artists on January 28. The virtual event, hosted by Woody of iHeartRadio ALT 98.7’s Nationally-Syndicated The Woody Show, featured performances and stories from Billie Eilish and Foo Fighters plus previous iconic ALTer EGO performances from Beck, The Black Keys, blink-182, Cage The Elephant, Coldplay, The Killers, Mumford & Sons, Muse, twenty one pilots and Weezer. The star-studded event streamed exclusively on LiveXLive.com (NASDAQ: LIVX) and broadcasted across more than 80 Alternative and Rock iHeartRadio stations.
Capital One cardholders had the exclusive opportunity to enter a sweepstakes for the chance to virtually play in the ALTer EGO Capital One Trivia Challenge with Weezer, hosted by Woody from The Woody Show. The Trivia Challenge winner announced Weezer virtually during ALTer EGO. All players also got the opportunity to participate in an intimate virtual roundtable discussion with Weezer.
The music of iHeartRadio’s Alternative and Rock stations and the iHeartRadio App came to life with an extraordinary lineup that included these special moments:
- Foo Fighters kicked off the 2021 iHeartRadio ALTer EGO with an all-new performance of Rock favorite, “Everlong.” Following an introduction from host Woody, the band continued their hit-stacked set with “Shame Shame,” “Waiting On A War” and “The Pretender,” which concluded with a long jam session.
- Fans were reminded of twenty one pilots’ iconic 2019 performance during iHeartRadio’s ALTer EGO. The Ohio-based duo opened the sold-out show with “Ride,” wowing fans with their energy and talent.
- Cage The Elephant took fans back to 2018 with a wild and unforgettable performance of mega-hit “Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked.”
- The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney gave fans a taste of their 2020 iHeartRadio ALTer EGO performance of “Howlin’ For You,” a song that’s synonymous with the beloved band.
- Weezer participated in the iHeartRadio ALTer EGO Capital One Trivia Challenge, where 25 Capital One cardholders had the opportunity to meet the band and battle each other in a trivia challenge. One lucky winner introduced the band’s 2019 iHeartRadio ALTer EGO performance of their timeless hit, “Buddy Holly.”
- blink-182 rocked the iHeartRadio ALTer EGO stage in January 2020. Fans were able to relive the SoCal-based trio’s performance of the ubiquitous hit, “What’s My Age Again?”
- Muse showed off their skills during their animated ALTer EGO set in 2019. The English band gave an unforgettable performance of their anthem, “Uprising,” with fans singing along throughout the entire song.
- Mumford & Sons’ performance of “Little Lion Man” wowed audiences in 2018 and again during this year’s virtual iHeartRadio ALTer EGO. Fans sang along and clapped to the infectious beat as the band delivered a roaring set.
- The Killers took fans back to 2019 with a performance of the song that put them on the map, “Mr. Brightside.” Singer Brandon Flowers gave an electric performance that brought the show to life.
- Last year, Coldplay gave one of their only live performances of 2020 at iHeartRadio’s ALTer EGO. With a full orchestra, the beloved band gave an exhilarating performance of one of their biggest hits, “Viva La Vida.”
- Beck, a Rock and Alternative music staple, reminded fans why he’s an icon at the 2018 show. Fans danced along as the singer rocked out during “Loser,” delivering an unforgettable performance.
- Billie Eilish closed out the 2021 virtual event with a performance of her biggest hits. Alongside her brother Finneas, she kicked off her riveting set with her newest single “Therefore I Am,” followed by haunting renditions of “Everything I Wanted” and “My Future.”
iHeartRadio ALTer EGO is an iHeartMedia Production. Additional proud partners of this year’s event include Heineken 0.0, Progressive® Insurance and Straight Talk Wireless with more to be announced. For more information, visit iHeartRadio.com/alterego.
iHeartRadio ALTer EGO Presented by Capital One is part of iHeartMedia’s roster of incredibly successful, nationally recognized concert events, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, iHeartRadio Music Awards, the nationwide iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Wango Tango and the iHeartRadio Podcast Awards.