New York, N.Y. – December 11, 2020 – iHeartMedia celebrated the holiday season across the nation with its annual iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Presented by Capital One – the season's most anticipated holiday music event – with performances from the biggest names in music today, including Billie Eilish, Doja Cat, Dua Lipa, Harry Styles, Lewis Capaldi, Sam Smith, Shawn Mendes and The Weeknd, plus special guest appearances from BTS, Lil Nas X and Mariah Carey on December 10. This year’s virtual event invited music fans into the homes of today’s top artists to share their personal holiday traditions and perform their biggest hits along with never-before-heard covers of iconic holiday songs. The star-studded event broadcasted across more than 95 iHeartMedia CHR radio stations nationwide and on the iHeartRadio App, and streamed on The CW App and CWTV.com.
In addition, The CW Network will broadcast the 2020 iHeartRadio Jingle Ball event as an exclusive nationwide television special on Monday, December 14 at 8:00 p.m. EST/PST.
The music of the iHeartRadio app came to life with an extraordinary lineup and these special moments:
- iHeartRadio’s Ryan Seacrest and Elvis Duran welcomed fans at home to the 2020 iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Presented by Capital One, while sitting next to a warm fireplace in a holiday adorned room.
- Doja Cat opened the show in an all-white ensemble to perform a sultry rendition of “Santa Baby,” as well as her hits “Juicy” and “Say So.”
- Shawn Mendes began his set with a performance of his latest hit, “Wonder,” while playing his piano next to a Christmas tree. He continued to play songs from his new album for one of the very first times, including “Dream.” He also graced fans with a cover of “Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You.”
- Lil Nas X made a special appearance to discuss his love for the holiday.
- Sam Smith, who was introduced by Shawn Mendes, performed hit new song “Diamonds” in a festively lit room. They continued with the hope that fans are “gearing up for this Christmas as well as you can be. It’s going to be a weird Christmas for everyone, I still believe that the Christmas love and Christmas joy is still there,” before performing their favorite holiday song, “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.” They closed their set with a performance of “Dancing With a Stranger.”
- Dua Lipa performed her stripped-down set in front of a festive disco ball. She started with a compelling rendition of “Levitating,” followed by her massive hit “Don’t Start Now.” She closed her performance with the Capital One Holiday Jam, singing a cover of John Lennon’s “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” with fans virtually.
- Mariah Carey stopped by to wish fans a happy Jingle Ball and Merry Christmas.
- Harry Styles performed his set alongside The Free Nationals bandmembers, from a sunny backyard. He opened with “Adore You,” after which he took a moment to remind fans to stay safe this holiday season and to keep making the best of a tough year. He followed up with “Golden,” and closed with one of this summer’s biggest hits, “Watermelon Sugar.”
- BTS surprised fans to wish everyone a happy holiday and sang a snippet of “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.”
- Lewis Capaldi, dressed in a Santa suit, brought Santa’s Grotto to life with an emotional cover of Wham!’s “Last Christmas,” followed by fan-favorites “Someone You Loved” and “Before You Go.” The Scottish singer ended his set by thanking fans for watching and wishing everyone a happy holiday while strumming a guitar.
- Billie Eilish opened her set with a beautiful rendition of “My Future” with her brother Finneas playing piano and providing backup vocals. She followed with her most recent single, “Therefore I am,” and then took a pause to unwrap Christmas gifts for her dog, Shark. She finished her performance with a cover of holiday favorite “Silver Bells.”
- The Weeknd brought his electrifying music to life with an energetic performance of smash hit “Blinding Lights.” Performing from a living room decked out in Christmas lights and lasers, he closed out the night with newest single “In Your Eyes” and an arena-worthy rendition of “Save Your Tears.”
Each year, iHeartMedia radio stations across the country host live Jingle Ball concerts in local markets including Tampa; Dallas/Ft. Worth; Los Angeles; San Francisco; Minneapolis/St. Paul; Philadelphia; New York; Boston; Washington, D.C.; Chicago; Atlanta and Miami/Ft. Lauderdale featuring performances by the year’s most iconic artists as well as emerging talent. Over the past 25 years, Jingle Ball has become the biggest holiday celebration in music. The show has evolved into a sold-out, multi-city national tour, with tickets selling out in minutes.
Capital One cardholders had the opportunity to enter the “Capital One Holiday Jam” contest for a chance to be one of 25 lucky winners featured in a virtual holiday classic sing-along with Dua Lipa. Winners also had the opportunity to hear from the artist in a private virtual meet and mingle discussion.
Proud partners of this year’s national iHeartRadio Jingle Ball include Capital One and The CW. Additional proud partners across iHeartRadio platforms include M&M’S Milk Chocolate Candies, Mercedes-Benz and Verizon with more to be announced. Multimarket partners include Kaiser Permanente and Nestle Waters with more to be announced.
The iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Presented by Capital One is produced by Tom Poleman and John Sykes for iHeartMedia and Joel Gallen for Tenth Planet Productions.
Artists and/or events subject to change or cancellation without notice.
About Capital One
At Capital One we’re on a mission for our customers – bringing them great products, rewards, service, and access to unique and unforgettable experiences they are passionate about. Capital One is a diversified bank that offers products and services to individuals, small businesses and commercial clients. We use technology, innovation and interaction to provide consumers with products and services to meet their needs. Learn more at capitalone.com/access.
About The CW
THE CW TELEVISION NETWORK, a joint venture between Warner Bros. and CBS, launched in 2006. The CW is a multiplatform network that broadcasts a six-night 12-hour primetime lineup, Sunday through Friday and streams its ad-supported content, free, without login or authentication on CWTV.com and The CW app which is available on every major OTT platform. In daytime, The CW broadcasts a Monday through Friday afternoon block, and a three-hour Saturday morning kids block. The CW’s digital network, CW Seed, launched in 2013, and offers beloved limited-run series, as well as past seasons of recent fan-favorite television shows. For more information about the network and its programming, visit www.cwtvpr.com.