Existing NFL Media Podcasts Such as ‘Around the NFL’, ‘Move the Sticks’, ‘NFL Fantasy Football Podcast’ & Others Return
New Podcasts Such as ‘NFL Inside Report’, ‘NFL explained’ & ‘Tape Heads’ Beginning to Launch This Week
With the 2021 NFL regular season set to kick off on Thursday, September 9, the National Football League and iHeartMedia announce the NFL’s Podcast Network programming lineup.
Earlier this year, the NFL and iHeartMedia announced an exclusive partnership to launch the NFL’s Podcast Network which includes the distribution of NFL Media’s existing podcasts, certain Member Club podcasts, and the co-production and distribution of two dozen new original shows with the iHeartPodcast Network. All podcasts will be available on the iHeartRadio app and everywhere podcasts are heard.
“We are excited to bring this new slate of podcasts to NFL fans everywhere, representing the best storytelling, access and talent from NFL Media and NFL Films,” said Meredith Battin, NFL Vice President, Head of Business Operations & Club Media. “Through the NFL’s partnership with iHeartMedia and the launch of the NFL’s Podcast Network, it will be even easier for fans to discover great new podcasts from the NFL and participating Clubs.”
“We are proud to team up with the NFL to roll out an incredible lineup of podcasts,” said Will Pearson, Chief Operating Officer, iHeartPodcast Network. “Just as this football season kicks off, we’re thrilled to introduce such an expansive slate of shows featuring amazing talent across the NFL that will appeal to both casual fans and diehard fans around the globe.”
NFL Media’s existing podcast lineup includes:
- Around the NFL – The Around the NFL crew of Gregg Rosenthal, Dan Hanzus and Marc Sessler break down the latest football news, with a dash of mirth. New episodes are available each week on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday
- Move the Sticks with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks – Former NFL scouts Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks break down the latest news and action from a scout’s perspective. The duo is regularly joined by top NFL player personnel executives to bring you in-depth analysis of on-field performances and behind-the-scenes insights into how NFL front offices manage their teams throughout the season. New episodes are available each week on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
- NFL Fantasy Football Podcast – Fantasy Football fans, this is the podcast for you! Marcas Grant and Michael F. Florio provide detailed fantasy football analysis, combining in-depth stats and film study to help you win your league and earn bragging rights over your friends, co-workers and family. New episodes are available each week on Monday and Wednesday
- Good Morning Football – Each morning from the heart of New York City, Good Morning Football hosts Kay Adams, Peter Schrager and Kyle Brandt discuss the national NFL news and local stories, along with Will Selva. Good Morning Football sets the narrative and agenda for everything from the NFL Draft, to training camp, to the NFL playing season across all of sports media. New episodes are available each week Monday – Friday
- NFL Total Access: The Locker Room – Super Bowl champion Michael Robinson, NFL Network reporter Mike Garafolo and former/current players take you inside the locker room for unique stories that have never been told. New episodes are available each week on Wednesday and Friday
- NFL Players Podcast – The NFL Players Podcast is an unscripted series discussing the challenges and personal anecdotes of NFL players. Hosted by Pro Football Hall of Famer Aeneas Williams, topics include parenting, coaching wellness and overcoming adversity. New episodes are available each week on Wednesday
New podcasts coming to the NFL’s Podcast Network include:
- NFL explained – Just launched! NFL explained, hosted by Aditi Kinkhabwala and Mike Yam, is a new original podcast series that takes fans behind-the-scenes of the inner workings of the NFL. From how the regular season schedule is made, to the evolution of the Super Bowl, NFL explained looks to answer the NFL’s biggest questions. NFL explained debuted on August 25and new episodes are available each week on Thursday
- NFL Inside Report – Don’t miss out on the top NFL stories provided by NFL Media’s wide array of talent. Hosted by Rhett Lewis, NFL Inside Report takes you beyond the headlines with NFL Media’s reporters and experts providing game recaps, the biggest news and in-depth storytelling. NFL Inside Report launches on Wednesday, September 8 with new episodes available each week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Listen to the trailer now
- Tape Heads – Hosted by Dan Orlovsky, Bob Wischusen and Scott Pioli, Tape Heads is a twice-weekly, in-season X-and-O’s podcast giving the fans the “whys and the hows” of each week’s NFL action. In each episode, Dan, Bob and Scott detail the biggest moments of the NFL weekend based on their tape study of the All-22 coaching film. Conversations fueled by observation and analysis give fans the insight and information they crave. Tape Heads launches Tuesday, September 14 and new episodes will be available each week on Tuesday and Thursday. Listen to the trailer now
- Split Ends – Split Ends, hosted by Colleen Wolfe and Erica Tamposi, is a new podcast that provides fans with a fresh, irreverent and decidedly different perspective on NFL headlines. This conversational, weekly show features guest appearances from NFL Media personalities, interviews with NFL players and personnel, and special guests from the sports and entertainment media landscape. Split Ends is a show for all football fans, especially for those who like a little more fun in their NFL coverage. Split Ends launches in October and new episodes will be available each week on Tuesday
- NFL Films Tales from the Vault – NFL Films Tales from the Vault is a weekly podcast that takes you on a deep dive into NFL history. Hosted by Andrea Kremer, NFL Films Tales from the Vault features full-length interviews conducted by the late Pro Football Hall of Famer Steve Sabol with some of the game’s all-time legends that have never been heard in their entirety before. Featured interviews include Troy Aikman, Andy Reid, Howie Long and others. Andrea – who began her career as a producer at NFL Films – will provide context and insight into these great conversations. NFL Films Tales from the Vault launches in the Fall
- Earnin’ It: The NFL’s Forward Progress – Earnin’ It: The NFL’s Forward Progress is a groundbreaking new podcast that will feature the stories of women in the NFL, breaking “grass” ceilings from the field to the front office. Earnin’ It is hosted by the NFL’s Senior Director of Diversity and Inclusion Sam Rapoport, a former professional quarterback who dreamed of creating a women’s pipeline to bring talented football minds into the game – which has become a reality today. The story of this forward progress is told by NFL head coaches, owners, players, and of course, the women themselves. Earnin’ It – produced by Rapoport and Jane Skinner Goodell – launches in the Fall
ABOUT NFL MEDIA
NFL Media is comprised of NFL Network, NFL Films, NFL.com, the NFL app and NFL RedZone.
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can be streamed live through the NFL app and NFL Network app on smartphones, tablets, PCs and connected TV devices (Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, PlayStation 4, Roku and Xbox One). Access is available for NFL Network subscribers of participating TV providers. For more information, go to NFL.com/nflnetwork.